Wednesday 8 May 2013

The Bling Ring (2013)


The Bling Ring, Sofia Coppola's upcoming movie, is promising to be a interesting one.
The Bling Ring, great name for a movie by the way, is about fame hungry teenagers who use the internet to find and rob celebrities' houses. So far a teaser trailer, a full length trailer, posters and some on set pictures have been released. And they all look pretty promising. 




Taissa Farmiga & Emma Watson
I'm definitely looking forward to this movie for many reasons. First of all Sofia Coppola, who is known for movies like 'Marie Antoinette' and 'The Virgin Suicides', is the writer and director. Seeing as I love both those movies, I can't imagine the talented Sofia possibly screwing this up. Another reason why this movie can't possible go wrong is the cast. Emma Watson (Harry Potter) and Taissa Farmiga (American Horror Story season 1) in particular. 

Emma was obviously amazing in the Harry Potter movies and so far she hasn't disappointed in her new movies, Perks of being a Wallflower showed us all she is here to stay. Taissa played a depressed and pretty fearless girl named Violet in the praised TV-show American Horror Story.

What I love most about this movie is the fact that it's basically a mirror for society. These materialistic, fame hungry teenagers are based on actual people. These kind of people actually exist in our society. These kids are obsessed with celebs just like the media is. 

"I'm a firm believer in karma and I think the situation is a huge learning lesson for me to grow and expand as a spiritual human being. I want to lead the country one day for all I know."This is what Nicki (Emma Watson) has to say, with her LA accent, when accused of robbing houses. I love how this quote shows how completely ignorant these girls are. And sadly there are quite a few reality stars on tv right now that would likely say the same thing. 



At least they look sexy