Wednesday 26 June 2013

Summer Movies: What to watch?

Ah summer. What better time to go in a dark confided space to look at a huge screen? To hell with getting a tan or wearing your fancy sunglasses. Summer is the time of big blockbuster movies. Every year around July the biggest movies come out. And for movie freaks like me, that's heaven!
Especially for you guys I've made a list of the summer movies you just can't miss out on.

June
This is the end
I will admit, at first sight this movies seemed a bit cheesy. But the reviews so far have been better then expected. And even if the movie ends up sucking, Emma Watson and many other celebs are in there to make it a more enjoyable experience.

           

Man of steel
Yes, another Superman movie. Now I'm not a big fan of Superman but this movie is really enjoyable. I've watched it last week and even though it wasn't as good as I expected, I still had a great night. And judging by the reaction of the audience Henry Cavill is a piece of eye-candy that will give you something to look at in case you're bored. (This trailer is the best thing ever!)

            

Monsters University
After years there it is. The new movie from Monsters Inc. one of the most iconic Pixar movies so far. Luckily they don't try to do the same thing twice. This time our friendly monsters are in college. And it seems to me that Pixar has worked their magic once again.

           

Byzantium
This is a tricky one. I personally loved this movie and highly recommend it to anyone. But it has to be your kind of movie. Think two vampire femme fatales, throw in some teenage love story and that's about it. It's far from perfect but you might really like it as I did.

            

July
Despicable me 2
I was so excited to see this movie and it did not disappoint. It's no mistake that the entire theatre was filled with adults, Despicable me 2 is fun for everyone. Agnus is still the cutest thing ever and Gru's accent can still make everyone laugh.

            

Pacific Rim
Every summer needs at least one big over the top action movie. And this is the one. Gigantic robots fighting gigantic monsters. I'm expecting two hours of action, action and even more action. And sometimes this is all you need.

           

The Bling Ring
(In some places this one won't be released until August)
This is the summer movie I've been looking forward to the most. Throw Soffia Coppola and Emma Watson in the mix with superficial teenagers and a great soundtrack, and I'm here for it!

           

August
Elysium
Now I'm going to be honest here, I don't know a lot about this movie. But everything so far looks promising and the story is definitely interesting. It's mainly the trailer that made me put this in the list.

           

I Give it a year
Now this movie has been released for awhile in the Netherlands now. But apparently America is not first in something for once. An English romantic comedy that will give you some good laughs. Now it's not all comedy gold but it's a great movie to watch on a date.

          

Kick-ass 2
The first Kick-ass was absolutely amazing. And this movie is revolving around my favorite character from the first one: Hit-girl. Played by the talented Chloe Grace Moretz.