Saturday 1 June 2013

Remakes you should and shouldn't watch

As promised (a long time ago) I made a list of movie remakes you should and shouldn't watch.
Of course this is just my opinion and if you love any of the movies I dislike, you can still watch them. Don't worry I won't judge (maybe a little).



5 Bad Movie remakes
They could've been so great, but sadly someone ruined it. I don't really know why movies with no interesting storyline are being remade. Who thought 'WOW I need to copy this gem!' while watching Arnold as a dimwitted barbarian?

Total Recall (2012) – Total Recall (1990)
Psycho (1998) – Psycho (1960)



5 Good Movie remakes
Yes they exist! Some remakes surpass their original counterparts. For some of these, that wasn't very hard though. I know some of these 'good' movies are debatable. But I like them. I'm going to be honest with you, I didn't actually see all the originals movies. But I did watch all the episodes of The lion, The Witch and the wardrobe from 1988. Mainly because I was so excited for The Chronicles of Narnia as a kid.

Evil Dead (2013) – The Evil Dead (1981)